Lost on Sitespinner HTML code

Greetings!  I haven't created a web page in about 10 years.  Last software I used was FrontPage 2000.  Tried the fee version of Sitespinner and loved it - until I looked at the HTML code.  I am just baffled at what I see.  I have 3 images at the top of my web page, but I only see one "img src" code.  Some text that I created I can't see at all in the code.  For example I have one line of text placed under my logo as the tagline.  It is not anywhere in the HTML code.  When I view the page through a browser it's all there perfectly.   I am not an HTML expert, however, when I used FrontPage I was always able to look at the code and understand the main parts.  I can't understand the missing code in Sitespinner at all.  I am baffled.  Anyone have any tips for me?

Original Post

I am not sure what FrontPage displayed, but HTML code has not changed much in the last 10 years. I can only assume that FP used some sort of "human readable" code that was transcribed into HTML when the page was published. The main purpose of SS is to hide the nasty details of code from the user and to let you concentrate on the page design.

SS has a tool button next to the Preview browser drop-down menu that will turn on the View Code window (or use the ALT+C keyboard shortcut). This will open a window next to your page design area. As you add new objects to your page, you can refresh the code and see the HTML being added.

There are a lot of free on-line HTML guides.  A favorite go-to site is w3schools.

Thanks Larry.  I started using Microsoft's Web Expression and it displays all the HTML code the way I remember FrontPage did.  It's not nearly as nifty as SS but I have to be able to understand the code.  I appreciate your reply, thanks again!

Add Reply

Likes (0)