Best way to post MP3 file pages

On some of my pages I put links to my MP3 recordings. The problem I have is as follows. Any time I add another link to my page it has to re-load each MP3 file on that page. Is there a better way for me to do that?

If you want to see what I am talking about, go to my site, click on the Bible Message Link and then click on one of the Audio Bible Message Links.

Any suggestions how I can do this different?

The site is: meet-me-at-the-crossroad.com

Thanks

Original Post

"Any time I add another link to my page it has to re-load each MP3 file on that page."

I assume you mean that every time you add a new mp3 link and publish the page, SS will re-publish all the mp3 files that have already been uploaded, thus making the publish process a lot more tedious than it needs to be.

If this is the case, then there is something you can do about it. When you publish your page (make sure you are publishing only the page you want and not the entire project), publish it to a local disk directory. Then using an FTP program (such as Filezilla), log in to your site, navigate to the local publish directory, then using FTP upload only the page and the newly added mp3 file(s). If you are using the defaults, the mp3 files would go into the /media folder.

Add Reply

Likes (0)